Writing for Exhibitions:
- Museums Australia (Victoria) has developed a series of free practical training videos reflecting best practice technique on caring for and providing access to museum collections. These include:
- Creating a small exhibition
- Photographing your collection items
- Organising your collection store
- Caring for shipwreck artefacts
- Caring for your collection is a very important when it comes to conserving objects, the Burnie Regional Museum provides a list of how to conserve different types of objects. To find out more about conserving your collection, take a look at the Burnie Regional Museum website.
- Learn how the Australian National Maritime Museum's conservation team preserves their collection with respect for the integrity of each object. Working to the highest standards including examination, treatment, research, documentation and training, the team makes sure that present and future visitors can learn, appreciate and enjoy our wonderful collection.
- The National Library of Australia has a wonderful list of useful resources including links for:
- Digitisation Resources
- Guides for Lighting in Museums and Galleries
- Sharing your collection through Trove
- Professional bodies and organisations
Tips for this website (hosted by Ning):